Enics Supply Chain Management: Supply Quality, Delivery Flexibility and Security; Managed Total Cost
"In a complex global manufacturing and business environment, industrial electronics supply chain management (SCM) becomes critically important. As Enics is a customer-oriented partner in SCM, we want to ensure our customers the best service level and delivery flexibility to their customers."
- Petri Helin
Senior Vice President, Supply Chain
The essence of Enics’ industrial electronics supply chain management is collaboration with our partners throughout the value chain to reduce customer supply chain complexity and to provide managed and optimized supply chain services. By working with us, our customers can keep their focus on their own business fundamentals and build for future success.
Electronic component procurement is one of the most globalized businesses, making it one of the most complex disciplines in the manufacturing world.
Enics has always invested in maximizing the supply chain in terms of organization, tools and processes, with an emphasis on flexibility, secure delivery, increased visibility and supply quality. As a global company, Enics creates customer-focused, end-to-end supply chain strategies and solutions that optimize the total cost of ownership.
Enics combines its local and global organizations to take advantage of both its global expertise, purchasing and consolidation benefits and the benefits of having manufacturing and operational activities in close proximity to the customer.
- All Enics supply chain-related activities, processes and its ERP system are harmonized and supported through its global business processes. This ensures customers that they will have the same supply chain experience wherever and whenever they are engaged with Enics.
- The One Enics philosophy ensures that all suppliers, supply partners and customers are treated with the same strategy, processes, tools and organization no matter who they are or where they are located.This enables Enics to develop relationships with long-term benefits for all parties.
- We believe in end-to-end supply chain integration and work in tandem with our customers and supply partners to devise innovative solutions.
- We uphold Enics values in all supplier relationships and aspire to be the most professional supply chain organization in the EMS industry.
Supply Chain Fullfilment
Extensive supply chain models, supplier integration processes, and different logistical agreements help to increase flexibility and deliverability of an ordered product mix to our customers. We have the ability to cope with customer specific flexibility agreements via DSC design and modelling activities.
Supply chain segmentation
- Enics Operational Modeling based on customer and product portfolio specific needs in order to provide best service solution
- Increase customer value while decreasing operating costs through standardized operational models and analytical decision making by analyzing product specific demand and supply chains
- Collaboration and innovation with our customers and suppliers are key in order to strengthen competitiveness through-out the demand-supply chain
- Our aim is to develop long-term sustainable solutions together with our suppliers, through the alignment and integration of our procurement logistics processes and collaboration tools, while enhancing value to our customers.
- Our supply chain processes are harmonized in all our business units supported by a common ERP. This enables us to offer our global partners the ‘One Enics supply experience’ across our locations.
Enics Supply Chain organization applies the LEAN in its efforts of continuous improvement. We aim to remove or minimize the 8 Wastes of:
- Quality defects
- Unused creativity
- Excess motion
The transportation and customs clearance management is handled by Enics logistics team based in Enics Business Units. Enics is using a few preferred Logistics Service Providers (LSP) which has a solid network with a global reach enabling reduced logistics complexity and risks.
The Monthly Supply Chain Review is a report that gives an overview of the latest events impacting the electronics supply chain. In this report, Enics also shares market views and expectations regarding lead times and pricing trends.
Enics’ Source and Select Supplier process targets a supplier base that best fulfills the requirements of Enics and its customers. Key areas are quality, flexibility and cost competitiveness.
Business practices and agreements are set in place from the beginning so there is a common understanding of roles, responsibilities and expectations in our long-term business relationships with our partners.
Enics’ Code of Conduct defines the sustainable policies that the company applies in working with its partners. Having one uniform set of continuous improvement standards, enables us to work jointly with our customers to ensure that the principles of the United Nations Global Compact are implemented.
Opportunities in Cost-Competitive Countries
Asia is one of the key regions for Enics’ Global Sourcing, with the focus on multiple commodities, especially in China. The maturity of the Chinese printed wiring board (PWB) manufacturing industry and its capabilities in mechanics increase flexibility, quality and cost competitiveness, providing stability with mitigated risks. Alternately, when the main focus is on plastics and box-build technologies, Enics can provide mechanical services in Eastern Europe. Having both local and global suppliers, and being able to utilize the one that best fits each particular situation, results in even greater flexibility in terms of shorter lead times, smaller minimum order quantities and reduced logistics costs.
Supplier Quality Management
Supplier Quality Management (SQM) is a natural part of Supply Chain. One of the important roles of SQM is to ensure that processes are in place which guarantee that Suppliers are aware of requirements and follow them.
When Enics and its suppliers work together to improve processes, products and service quality, it is mutually beneficial to both parties and contributes to excellent customer satisfaction.
Implementing a high level of process capabilities and using standardized processes throughout the company globally, guarantees that Enics can support its customers so they can be competitive and strong in their markets.
Enics invests in long-term partnerships with its Suppliers. Careful Supplier selection and good communication models are the main contributors to making these long-term partnerships viable.