This is who we are
Enics is a full service Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) company, serving global industrial electronics companies. We have a strong know-how in Original Design Manufacturing (ODM). Our customers are companies that manufacture items such as trains and elevators. We offer excellent possibilities for individuals with can-do attitude who are interested in the electronics field.
At Enics you can develop yourself professionally and make a positive impact. You have the ability to work independently, are offered a wide range of opportunities in technical or supportive functions, which make working at Enics interesting and inspiring.
Enics has a global presence and operates in many locations around the world that span diverse cultures. With over 3000 employees we are a fairly large company with open company culture. Enics is the perfect size, providing our employees the support and structure of a large company while allowing plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
Hey you engineer, do you want to join us and build our growth in design business? We are a strong player in electronics manufacturing services, and now we are expanding and strengthening our design offering to our customers. We are looking for a strong leader to make it happen.
As a Director, Design you are responsible for:
- building Enics design and test business capabilities to enable Enics transformation to full life-cycle service provider
- developing and running the design business growth according to company’s long-term plan
- Enics’ design business net sales and P&L
- building and retaining a high-performing team of design engineers to ensure the growth
- global network of Enics design and tester development sites
- actively participating in structural growth activities (M&A)
- design program management, delivery, and capability growth
- financials of design sites, capacity planning, resource utilization and organization development programs
What do you need to succeed?
- M. Sc. in electrical engineering
- Design and test business management and/or R&D experience
- Strong and proven experience in creating strategy for new business area and executing strategy into tangible actions fast
- Experience in establishing new business
- Experience in operational management of design teams and in leading R&D teams in development, electronics, mechanics, and system design
- Proven experience in partnership development
- Good negotiation skills
To be successful in this role, you should also have desire to continuously improve and develop, an ability to organize, prioritize, focus, and execute under pressure. You should have proactive and innovative approach to work as an out-of-the box thinker. In this role you will be running a team of design engineers, hence you should have strong people and leadership skills.
Why should you join us?
We see design business as one of the key pillars of the company’s future. In this position you can have true impact on your own role and in the company’s growth. You have the opportunity to create new business and build your own global network. You will work closely together with the company’s management, services and business functions, operations, customers, and partners. We offer you challenges and learning opportunities in high-tech environment.
Interested to join? Please fill in our application form including your salary request. Please apply latest by 31th January 2021. Please note that we will contact interesting candidates as soon as possible and therefore we advise you to apply as soon as possible. The job is preferably located in Vantaa, Finland.
In case of any questions, please contact Chief People and Culture Office, Susanna Kohisevankoski, mob. +358 40 701 5375, Susanna.Kohisevankoski@enics.com.
Register to candidate database
Register to candidate database
Cannot find a vacancy fitting your skills the moment?
Please register to our candidate database and we will contact you when we have a suitable position open.
Opportunities at Enics
We are always willing to offer opportunities to top talent and students and cooperate with local area educational institutions. We hire both experienced people as well as those in the early stages of their career, so that they can grow within the company.
- A perspective future in the Company. We are a growing company and have many positions and opportunities with growth potential.
- We are a financially stable company and have developed systems that reward our employees with benefits that support their well-being.
- Excellent work environment – Work ergonomics combined with LEAN activities improve the work environment and work experience.
- Flexibility – We offer worktime flexibility, flexibility in roles, and possibility to work remotely. For us, work-life balance is important.
- Having fun – We work hard, and have fun doing it. Enics has a great working atmosphere and incorporates time for getting to know each other and getting together. Examples: Open Day, annual sport days for families, New Year’s parties.
- Training (knowledge & career wise) – Enics offers lots of opportunities to learn and improve the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in your job. Enics’s ambitious growth targets create numerous possibilities for our employees, and our leadership supports, encourages and challenges all employees to take advantage of our excellent and professional internal training programs. We believe in learning by doing and in helping to develop processes.
- Internships for students. Contact us
Leadership in Enics
We continuously focus on leadership development in all areas of our Enics group.
Our leaders are on the front lines, working together with our employees and leading by example, walking the talk. We believe in a hands-on attitude, openness and transparency, respect, consistency, innovative learning and efficiency. We are doing things together, but of course we expect our leaders to take responsibility, give clear guidelines and support their team members.
A leadership culture is never truly ready; therefore, its development is an on-going focus for us. We constantly challenge our leaders to become better and better in order for them to help all our employees to succeed.