Can your design be manufactured?
Is your new product in the design stage? If yes, then it’s the best time to get some support from an EMS company that can save you time, money, aggravation, and/or frustration in the future. Here are some of the questions Enics can help you answer to make sure your design passes the manufacturability test.
1. BOM analysis
- Are you going to be able to get the parts to build your product when you’re ready for them?
- Where’s the best and most reliable place to source them and from who?
- How can you get the best price and availability?
- Do your parts meet certification requirements and international standards?
- Will the parts you select be available for the life of the product?
2. Design analysis
- Are components or parts too high, too tightly spaced, or blocking and affecting manufacturability?
- Would you like to simulate your design against EMC issues?
- Are interconnects or test points covered or not easily accessible?
- Is your design fulfilling the defined user needs and operating requirements?
- What are the best test methods for your product?
- Can your design be manufactured on today’s equipment? Future equipment?
- How can your design be adapted to take advantage of the latest technologies?
- Are there any changes you can make in the design to save time or money in the manufacturing process?
- Does your design transition well to volume manufacturing?
Enics has the latest software and equipment, a team of experts in electronics, mechanical, processes, application, and test engineering, and we network and collaborate with some of the top technology institutions, like VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, the leading research and technology company in the Nordic countries, to look for future opportunities and technologies.
As you think about your design, consider Enics as your partner, and find out how we can best optimize and manufacture your design to become the product you envision.