Extensive supply chain models, supplier integration processes, and different logistical agreements help to increase flexibility and deliverability of an ordered product mix to our customers. We have the ability to cope with customer specific flexibility agreements via DSC design and modelling activities.
Supply chain segmentation
- Enics Operational Modeling based on customer and product portfolio specific needs in order to provide best service solution
- Increase customer value while decreasing operating costs through standardized operational models and analytical decision making by analyzing product specific demand and supply chains
- Collaboration and innovation with our customers and suppliers are key in order to strengthen competitiveness through-out the demand-supply chain
- Our aim is to develop long-term sustainable solutions together with our suppliers, through the alignment and integration of our procurement logistics processes and collaboration tools, while enhancing value to our customers.
- Our supply chain processes are harmonized in all our business units supported by a common ERP. This enables us to offer our global partners the ‘One Enics supply experience’ across our locations.
Enics Supply Chain organization applies the LEAN in its efforts of continuous improvement. We aim to remove or minimize the 8 Wastes of:
- Quality defects
- Unused creativity
- Excess motion
The transportation and customs clearance management is handled by Enics logistics team based in Enics Business Units. Enics is using a few preferred Logistics Service Providers (LSP) which has a solid network with a global reach enabling reduced logistics complexity and risks.